Becoming a UPS driver is considered one of the most desirable jobs. Aside from the salary that you get, you also receive a significant benefit package. Drivers do not only deliver packages but also create an outlet, connecting the company to its valuable customers.
If you are interested in how to become a UPS driver, you might want to know how much you can earn from such career. Factors such as seniority and skills influence the income a driver receives every year.
How much does a UPS driver make?
- The average salary received by UPS drivers comes to about $72,500. These figures may vary with overtime and benefits.
- Depending on the seniority, which usually takes a progression of a minimum of 3 years in the position, pay is around $55,000 and can increase up over $86,000 a year.
- Aside from the basic salary, UPS drivers also receive benefits and a pension that attracts most people to this job. UPS covers 100% of the driver’s insurance premiums. Health care benefits and pension can reach up to $30,000 a year after retiring for a 25-year service.
- Salary may also be affected by the type of driver you work as. Drivers working for in-cities and local deliveries may earn less benefits than those who are freight carriers and travel longer distances, even across the country.
- UPS drivers may also receive tips from generous customers, especially those who have received their valuable packages on-time and with no damages.
Typically, the average salaries of UPS drivers slightly vary from one another. The economic status and cost of living in the state or city where they work could also influence the salary they receive every year. When aspiring to become one, you must consider taking every step in order to obtain seniority as a UPS driver.
- How To Become A UPS Driver
- How Much Does A Taxi Driver Make?
- What Does A Taxi Driver Do?
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Taxi Driver?
- How To Become A Taxi Driver
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment