Are you interested to become a UPS driver? Then you might want to know how long it will take you to become one.
It is quite difficult to determine how long one can become a UPS driver as it is influenced by some factors. But the simplest answer would vary between 1 to 3 years. Let’s take a look at these possibilities.
- Typically, most UPS drivers are hired and then offered an entry-level job such as package handling, loading or unloading center and much more. The seniority of the employee and the availability of the driver position also plays an important role.
- In order to become a UPS driver, you must comply with the necessary requirements to be one. You must have a valid driver’s license, high school diploma and tidy physical appearance.
- After complying with those requirements, you will then have to pass a 1-day physical and drug test administered by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- You can then apply for a job position in the United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS). As mentioned, qualified applicants are given entry-level jobs such as part-time package handler.
- After acquiring the necessary skills and seniority, you will then be included in the list. It usually takes around 6 months to 3 years, depending on the availability of the job, before you can get a position as a full-time driver.
- When there are vacancies for a driver position, you will be scheduled for a 6-days UPS driver training. This will teach you how to operate vehicles used by the UPS.
- After completing the driving training, if qualified for the position, you will then be given a 3-months probationary period. In order to have the full-time position, it would be an advantage for you to maintain a clean driving record while in this period.
Determining the time you have to spend in order to become a UPS driver can be complex. But, your perseverance in doing an excellent performance in any job position you has will give you an advantage to have the driver position. Becoming a UPS driver is a tiring job; you must exhibit a sense of responsibility and professionalism that will make your supervisors consider of promoting you.
- How Much Does A UPS Driver Make?
- What Does A UPS Driver Do?
- How To Become A UPS Driver
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Taxi Driver?
- What Are The Requirements To Become A Taxi Driver?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment