Are you interested to drive across country and deliver valuable packages to different customers? Do you want to become a UPS driver and be paid along the way? Then you might want to know what it takes to become one.
UPS drivers are paid to deliver packages and freight in either long or short distances. To become one, you must meet several requirements.
- Education and Qualification
- You must be a holder of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- You must have the ability to write and speak the English language.
- It is required for aspiring UPS drivers to be knowledgeable in driving manual transmission vehicles.
- Having any experience driving large trucks is compensated well.
- You mustn’t have committed any crimes or felonies.
- Since drivers serve as the outlet of the company to the customers, having a neat appearance is important. They will require you to have a well-shaved face and a clean cut that should not touch the collars and good people skills. Visible body tattoos and piercings are not allowed.
- Once hired, you must always wear the UPS driver’s uniform while on duty. You must carry the uniform neatly and appropriately.
- You must have a commercial or non-commercial valid driver’s license. You also need to have a clean driver’s record.
- Some driving positions may require you to be at least 21-23 years of age; you may also be required to get a special license like an “A” or “B” commercial license.
- DOT and UPS tests
- To be eligible for a driver’s position, you will be required to pass the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug/alcohol test.
- You should also pass the UPS driving test and a written test.
- UPS Training Course and Probationary
- After gaining adequate experience and being promoted for a UPS driver position, you must complete a 6-day UPS training course.
- Once the training course is completed, you will first complete and pass the 90-days probationary period before obtaining a full-time position as a UPS driver.
These requirements will allow you to test your skills and knowledge in driving UPS vehicles and doing the job efficiently. The job is in-demand and a lot of people want to land into this career. After acquiring necessary requirements, strive hard to apply and land a job where you can maximize your skills.
- How Long Does It Take To Become A UPS Driver?
- How To Become A UPS Driver
- What Does A UPS Driver Do?
- How Much Does A UPS Driver Make?
- What Are The Requirements To Become A Taxi Driver?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment