A basic question that comes to mind before planning to choose dog training as a career is how much does a dog trainer make? A dog trainer can earn in different ways, it may be through private practice, in veterinary clinics, teaching in dog obedience schools, and others. The average pay for a dog trainer differs depending on the type of job, their experience, certifications, and even their employers.
- Typically, dog trainers in pet stores earn about $10-$14 per hour as their basic pay. Their task is mainly to take care of dogs and groom them so that they can be presentable to costumers.
- Self-employed dog trainers definitely have more benefits in salaries and even taxes. Fees can be set freely and schedules are flexible. Customer satisfaction is also a very important factor and can greatly increase the income of dog trainers.
- The average income of a dog trainer is about $55,000 per year. Experience is one factor if you are talking about salaries. More experienced trainers receive as much as $90,000 a year, while novice workers earn $21,000 as their starting salary.
- Acquiring certificates will give you an edge. Certified dog trainers are enjoy a higher pay than those who are uncertified.
- Those who are living in big cities have an advantage on the number of potential clients than those in the rural areas. In metropolitan zones, surely there are a lot of people who wouldn’t worry to spend some money in order to help solve issues regarding their pets.
- Fame and reputation also plays a huge part when it comes to salary. This is why it is important to do your best at all times in order to build up a trusted and reliable reputation. One example is the TV show personality Cesar Millan who is paid millions.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment