Are you interested to become a mailman? Many job applicants consider going into this career because of excellent benefits and great job security. Do you wonder how long it would take to become a mailman? Honestly, there is no definite answer. It depends on how fast you can comply with the requirements and if there are job openings available.
Requirements and qualifications must be met. These are basic requirements and may not take much of your time.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- He or she must present proof of citizenship.
- All male applicants must be registered in the Selective Service.
- Aspiring employees must possess good reading and comprehension skills.
- Communication is vital in this field. Good communication skills are required from applicants.
- He or she must be a holder of a valid driver’s license. Once hired, a postal service road test is conducted to test those who want to have positions that require driving.
- Applicants must be in a good state of health.
- Take the 473 exam. You can register and inquire for a schedule at local post offices. This exam is necessary to evaluate thinking and memorization skills. Applicants should get a minimum of 70% in order to pass. Your goal must be to get the highest score possible. You can retake the exam if you are not content with the result.
Chances of being hired now depend on how you performed on the test. Applicants with the highest scores will be employed first if job vacancies occur.
Another factor is the availability of job vacancies in the postal services. A huge number of applicants want to be hired as mailmen and only limited job opportunities are opened from time to time. Some applicants may even stay on the waiting list for as long as 2 years.
Those are the possibilities of how long it takes to be a mailman. Competition cannot be ruled out in any job application. As an applicant, you must do everything to be on top of others. In this case, getting a high score in the exam would greatly increase your chances to be hired immediately. Take time to prepare and do your best so that you can have one of the highest, if not the highest rating in the exam.\
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment