As the world gets busy and the population multiplies, the need for transportation grows. Bus transportation has been the vital mean of transportation for millions of people throughout the world, ranging from everyday commuters to school pupils.
Bus drivers have been trained professionally to handle everyday situations of transporting a number of people to their destinations. If you’re interested to become a bus driver, it’s important that you know what does a bus driver do?
- Primarily, a bus driver picks-up and drops-off passengers from bus stops or bus stations. They follow a specific route according to their line and time schedules.
- There are different types of bus drivers, but all of them are responsible of providing a safe and courteous service for their passengers, may it be the young or old.
- Bus drivers are responsible of the safety of their passengers throughout the whole trip. They also make sure that safety equipments and first aid kits are available inside the bus. The maintenance of the buses they drive may not be their responsibility, but most bus drivers are also given the task of ensuring that their bus is in good condition before departing from their stations.
- Transit bus drivers make reports about their daily trip, schedule delays or unscheduled stops and mechanical issues. Intercity bus drivers submit a completion of bus inspection reports, time log and travelled distance records, which is mandated by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Aside from operating the bus, bus drivers especially those who work for a transit system perform additional tasks like collecting fares, answering passengers’ queries regarding schedules, routes and stop points.
- School bus drivers are responsible of picking-up students from their home or stop points nearby and driving them to school. They also deliver them back to their homes after school. Bus drivers may also drive students or teachers in school field trips or sporting events.
- After driving throughout their shift, bus drivers are responsible of taking their vehicles back to their stations or terminals. School bus drivers are given the liberty to either bring their buses to their home or park it at the school premises.
Typically, a bus driver does not only drive a bus. They also ensure our safety along the way and do other tasks apart from steering the wheels.
- How Much Does A Bus Driver Make?
- What Are The Requirements To Become A Bus Driver?
- How To Become A Bus Driver
- What Does A Taxi Driver Do?
- What Are The Requirements To Become A Taxi Driver?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment