Most of us consider being a movie producer as a glamorous career and business. If you are one of the people who are interested with the film making industry, you might as well be wondering: “How much does a movie producer make?”
Since there are no unions available to regulate the income of movie producers this can be dependent of several factors. Let’s consider the possibilities below:
- By average, the beginning salary of movie producers is $64,000 per annum. On the other hand, those who had been in practice for several years and has established a good reputation could earn $500,000 to $1,000,000 per year. Always remember that aside from acting and directing, this career is considered as a highly-sought after position and it takes a lot of skill and luck to make it big.
- Movie producers are also paid in a per-project policy especially if they are not having connections with any company. This means that the income is based on the project’s total earnings and how much capital was raised. The more successful your project turned out, the more money you are going earn. Therefore, it is important that you have a constant line-up of projects if you are aiming for a consistent salary range.
- Your educational attainment could also affect your salary. Producers who have additional certifications and specializations in special effects, digital media and computer generated images have higher offers and compensation compared to those who did not undergo additional trainings.
- According to surveys, the film industry is centered in Los Angeles, which means that larger salary is offered in this state. This is followed by New York and New Orleans.
- For independent producers salary could start at $47,000 since movie projects would not be financed by major studios. On the other hand, major Hollywood movie producers often earn around 7% of their project’s gross earnings.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment