Becoming a helicopter pilot is an excellent choice especially for those who have a strong interest in aviation. It will take an enormous amount of time and money for you to complete the necessary license in order to land a job as a helicopter pilot.
How long does it take to become a helicopter pilot?
Typically, there isn’t a right or wrong way to become a helicopter pilot. You just have to get hold of the necessary licenses, even if it will take you longer than usual. The process of completing such licenses can take 1 to 2 years, depending on several aspects. Here are some possibilities.
- In order for you to become a helicopter pilot, you must first complete trainings and obtain licenses.
- The time you spend in the helicopter training will vary depending on the time you can give for it. Full-time students can expect to complete the training within 10 to 12 weeks.
- After completing the flight training the next thing to do is obtain the private pilot helicopter license. The prerequisite for a private license is a 40 to 60 hours of total flight time. The main factor that affects the time spent to complete the course is on how frequent you can fly.
- Student who study full-time and fly at least 3 times a week can expect to complete the course and obtain a private license within 2 to 3 months.
- Others who fly part-time will spend most portions of their flights doing review for the previous lessons taking them longer. They can expect to finish within 6 months to a year, depending on the how frequent they fly.
- Once a private license is at hand, obtaining a commercial license will be your next priority, if you want to get paid for your flights. The prerequisite is 150 hours of flight time.
- Similar with the private license, the time consumed will depend on the situation. Student who book for a full-time flights can finish less than a year, while flying part-time can take you 18 to 24 months.
Typically, a commercial license will be enough in order for you to be eligible for a pilot job. As you can see, the availability and commitment is the main factor on how soon one can become a helicopter pilot. Studying and flying full-time will definitely minimize your costs and give you the opportunity to finish everything in 1 to 2 years.
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Helicopter Pilot?
- What Does A Helicopter Pilot Do?
- How Much Does A Helicopter Pilot Make?
- How To Become A Helicopter Pilot
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment