Unlike other professionals in the architecture and design industry, interior decorators do not need to have a 4-year degree. The minimum educational requirement is to finish a CID-accredited training in interior decorating. Becoming an interior decorator is easy and believe it or not, it won’t even take you months.
How long does it take to be an interior decorator?
Other than the CID, there are no other established organizations in the United States that offer certification and testing.
- Most training programs are done online or from home. You can choose to order the modules online or through direct mail. The only difference is that direct mails students have access to a mentor that they could consult with as the lessons progress. Both programs include 8 modules specific for interior decorators. The training can be done according to your own work pace. In general, the entire course can be finished in about 2 weeks.
- As soon as you finish the training program, you could take the certification exam. The exam is available online and could be done at home. Results can be viewed on your personal CID account after at least 7 days.
When you receive your certificate, you could now use the designation CID. Clients are more inclined to working with decorators who are experienced and certified.
- If you are not confident about your skills, you could seek help from a senior interior decorator and ask them to mentor you for a year or two. You could go with them during site visits or when they purchase items, or scout for affordable fabrics or house accessories. Learn from them as much as you can.
- What Are The Requirements To Become An Interior Decorator?
- How To Become An Interior Decorator
- What Does An Interior Decorator Do?
- How Long Does It Take To Be A Cake Decorator?
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Cake Decorator?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment