When you need to purchase a house, or want to have your property rented out or sold, the best thing to do is visit a real estate brokerage. There, you will be entertained by a real estate agent or a broker. You will have to discuss with the agent your specific needs including budget, floor and lot areas, and preferred location. Asking for these details will give the agent the chance to narrow down options for their clients.
How long does it take to be a real estate broker?
Becoming a real estate broker is quite a long process but isn’t difficult at all. If you love to do business, establish social connections with future clients, do math and computing for commissions, then you could be a successful real estate broker. Interested? Here’s how long it takes before you can become one.
- Enroll in a real estate training program in vocational schools or community colleges within your state. Most programs are geared towards a certificate level which takes 10 months to a year to finish. If you are targeting for higher entry-level position, get yourself an associate or a bachelor’s degree in real estate. These courses range from 2 to 4 years to finish.
- Seek licensure at your local real estate department. They can give you more details and request further documentation prior to taking the exam. Agents are required to undergo an online pre-licensing course for 30-90 hours. Passing the exam will allow you to start working as a real estate agent. To become a broker, you need at least 1-3 years experience.
- If you are lucky enough, there are real estate firms and brokerages that offer their employees advanced programs including pre-licensing education.
- There are some states that forego the required experience if you have finished a bachelor’s degree in real estate.
- For real estate brokers, they need to complete an additional 60 to 90 hours of training to become eligible to apply for a license. All you need to do is pass the exam and obtain your license. With this, you can work independently or start your own real estate firm.
Licenses are renewable after a year or two and do not require any further education. However, it is always better to be ahead of your game. So, seek continuing education courses and never stop learning.
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Real Estate Broker?
- What Does A Real Estate Broker Do?
- How To Become A Real Estate Broker
- How Long Does It Take To Be A Border Patrol Agent?
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Bounty Hunter?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment