Administering anesthesia during surgeries is a very risky procedure. Since this entails a lot of responsibilities and liabilities, nurses who are specialized in this area are subjected to undergo certain continuing education programs and trainings. Their job and accountability reflects why they have one of highest offered salary in the nursing profession. If you are planning to pursue this career, continue reading and get to know how much a nurse anesthetist can earn.
How much does a nurse anesthetist make?
There are a lot of factors that affect a nurse anesthetist’s earnings. These include years of experience, gender, location, educational attainment and credentials. However, as shown in surveys and studies, the average range of salary in this profession is from $100,000 to $150,000 per annum.
- For Bachelor of Science in nursing graduates, the annual salary could start from $78,000 to $150,000. On the other hand, those who have attained a Masters Degree in Nursing could earn from $115,000 to $150,000 per year.
- Basing on the years of experience, those who are beginners in the field with less than a year of experience are paid $94,000 to $137,000 annually. Nurses who have worked for one to four years could earn from $97,000 to $145,000 per annum. Having five to nine years of work experience entitles you a yearly salary of $112,000 to $154,000. On the other hand, a nurse anesthetist in practice for 10 to 19 years is paid $120,000 to $158,000 per annum. Experts in the field who posses more than 20 years of work experience have an annual salary of $124,000 to $159,000.
- Another factor could also be your work setting. Nurse anesthetists who work in hospitals, health care, medical services and general surgery industries and hospitals have annual earnings of $98,000 to $148,000. On the other hand, those working in acute care settings are paid from $103,000 to $150,000.
- Believe it or not, gender is also an issue in this profession. It is shown that male have a higher compensation of $175,000 per year as compared to females who are paid $156,000 only.
The highest reported salary for a nurse anesthetist is $214,000. Job opportunities, benefits and earnings are also better if you prefer to work in rural areas.
- How To Become A Nurse Anesthetist
- How Much Does A Neonatal Nurse Make?
- How Long Does It Take To Be A Neonatal Nurse?
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Neonatal Nurse?
- How To Become A Neonatal Nurse
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment