The video game design industry continues to grow as more consumers demand for more creative video games. Along with proper training and credentials, working as a video game designer will provide a good living. But how much exactly does a video game designer earns?
How much does a video game designer make?
It is difficult to determine a video game designer’s salary as these are dependent on factors like how successful the video game you work on becomes, where you work for, your experience and skills and many more.
- Education and experience plays an important part in landing a job as a video game designer. Starting salary for video game designers who are either employed as an intern or offered an entry-level position can expect to earn around $20,000 to $26,000 a year.
- The industry offers greater opportunities especially for those who have several years of experience in the field. Designers who have established a strong portfolio accompanied by an impressive work experience is likely to get hired in high-paying positions.
- Video game designers who are employed by gaming companies usually have fixed rates that will depend on the rank, skills and experience. Lower-ranked designers in a team can earn around $45,000 a year, while project leads can earn much higher that can range over $80,000 a year.
- How big the company designers work for also determines how much their employers are willing to pay. Large established companies can offer great pay with additional benefits.
- The location and economic realities of the place where designers work also compensate on how much they will expect to earn. Cities and areas with low cost of living will probably offer less income for video game designers than those who work in high-cost living areas.
- The type of design they do may also affect their salaries. Programmers and game artists may receive more than those who work on non-technical designing such as creating and writing storylines and plot.
As compensation for most salaried video game designers are provided, especially when the created video game has been a great success, their salary can be greater than what is expected. Working in the video game industry will definitely need you to work hard and be creative and artistic in order to design a video game that will surely become a success.
- How Long Does It Take To Be A Video Game Designer?
- How To Become A Video Game Designer
- How Much Does An Interior Decorator Make?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment