Becoming a driving instructor is quite a challenge. A lot of people can drive, but not everyone can successfully pass on the skill to others. If you want to teach, you would need to be very patient and able to deal with stressful students without sacrificing the quality of learning. Aside from being physically fit, what else are needed to become a driving instructor?
What are the requirements to be a driving instructor?
- Be at least 21 years old
- Holder of a valid US driver’s license free from traffic charges or violations.
- You should at least have a high school diploma or a GED
- Should have solid driving experience for 3-5 years
- Able to effectively communicate in English. If you are capable of speaking another language, that will surely come in handy
- Driving instructor training in a program approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Upon application, student drivers are required to undergo a criminal background check, and an extensive medical check-up including x-ray procedures and drug testing.
- If you choose to teach driving specific for buses, and multi-wheeler trucks, you would need to take separate courses for each transportation type. When you seek licensure more a specialized driving instructor license your exam will be longer and would include more specific driving tasks.
- Normally, it is required for driving instructors to have driving experience for at least 4-5 years. Driving schools and community colleges offering driving courses will not hire someone who has only been driving for a year or two. Much of what drivers need to learn is on the road. Instructors are only there to guide and remind student drivers of what should be done and when it should be done.
- To become licensed, you need to submit documentation to the DMV. You will be asked to present your training certificate as proof of driving education, results of the driving instructor’s exam and a copy of your driving record.
The key to becoming a good driving instructor is being responsible. It helps to have decent training under a professional in an approved driving school. And, if you possess an in-depth understanding of how drivers should act behind the wheel, you’ll definitely have greater chances of securing employment.
- How To Become A Driving Instructor
- What Are The Requirements To Become A Zumba Instructor?
- What Does A Zumba Instructor Do?
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Zumba Instructor?
- What Does A Yoga Instructor Do?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment