It takes time to teach a skill to someone. Learning to ride a bike, for example is a long process. It can’t be done after one trial or overnight. It’ll take more than that. When we want to learn something, we need to have a lot of patience and discipline. And most importantly, you need to have a good teacher to guide you in the process.
How much does a driving instructor make?
Learning to ride a bike or driving a car is quite similar. They can be done on your own, with a friend or with your dad. The downside to learning how to drive a car independently is that you only focus on learning how to drive. You forget about etiquette, or understanding speed limits and the significance of road signs and other traffic regulations. The same reason why there are a lot of drivers who are busted, taken to the police station or demanded for questioning. This is why the US Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) strongly suggests that drivers enroll in driving classes and trainings.
Driving instructors are responsible of teaching students everything they need to know about driving. From how to operate, fix minor engine or car trouble, deal with accidents and unexpected weather conditions and learning how to become a decent driver. With all these tasks in their hands, do you wonder how much they make for a living? Or if they earn enough from working as driving instructors? How much does a driving instructor really earn? Let’s see.
- Part-time driving instructors earn anywhere between $12-17 per hour depending where they teach. It is known that private driving schools pay their instructors higher rates.
- Starting salary of driving instructors range from $23,000 to $37,000 a year.
- If you teach specialized courses, like driving buses and large cargo trucks, expect to earn an average of $35,000 a year excluding commissions and tips.
- As of December 2010, the Bureau of Labor Service (BLS) indicated that the highest recorded annual income for a driving instructor is $47,000.
- According to PayScale, the median wage for instructors in all 50 US states range from $40,000 to $44,000 a year.
- The highest paying cities for driving instructors are Boston and Chicago where they earn $53,000 - $57,000 a year. While driving instructors working somewhere in Phoenix earns a much lower income at only $32,000 annually.
- How To Become A Driving Instructor
- What Does A Driving Instructor Do?
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Driving Instructor?
- How Much Does A Zumba Instructor Make?
- How Much Does A Yoga Instructor Make?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment