Success is a step-by-step process. People measure success in their own different ways but for most, it’s accomplishing the goals we have set out for ourselves.
For driving instructors, their success is measured in how well his or her students have learned and how well they perform behind the wheel. Before they even became instructors, they trained and learned the basics of driving. They spend a lot of time practice driving and eventually undergo another training program for an instructor’s position.
How long does it take to be a driving instructor?
As long as you have a regular driver’s license, a clean driving record and about 3 years driving experience, you can become a driving instructor. Now, the question is, how long does it take to become a driving instructor? The answer is it won’t take long. If you possess the prerequisites to becoming one, it should not even take more than 6 months.
- The duration of driving instructor training varies from state to state. Most are short-term and could range from 30-40 hours only. Before you enroll in a course, check if the course or training school is approved by the DMV.
- After the training, you can take the state exam for driving instructors. The exam is administered by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The test consists of written and practical parts where you will be asked to get behind the wheel and perform tasks as per instruction. Preparing for and taking the exam wouldn’t take longer than 2 weeks.
- As a future driving instructor, you will be required to undergo comprehensive medical examination including drug tests. Your driving records and personal criminal background will also be thoroughly checked before you are allowed to apply for a driving instructor’s license. Tests and background checks will range from 2-3 weeks to finish depending on the results.
- If you pass the exam, you will have a driving instructor’s license. (Different from the regular state driver’s license). With that, you can start working as an independent driving instructor where you look for your own clients or apply in private driving schools.
- If you want to teach driving in state high schools or community colleges, you would need to have at least a bachelor’s degree, which would take another 3-4 years to finish.
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Driving Instructor?
- How To Become A Driving Instructor
- How Much Does A Driving Instructor Make?
- What Does A Driving Instructor Do?
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Zumba Instructor?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment