A lot of people are eager to land a job in government agencies for obvious reasons. One, the job you get is most likely stable. And two, you get to enjoy top level income plus bonus and benefits. If you love traveling and working in a challenging environment, you could enjoy working as a federal air marshal. Basically, they are law enforcement agents that are specifically assigned in the aviation department of the United States. Their job is to make sure that everything is in order from airport operations to passengers and crew members.
How much does a federal air marshal make?
- Their salary follows the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) SV grading system with level A as the lowest and M, the highest.
Federal air marshals belong to the G, H, I levels and are categorized depending on experience, education and skill set.
- SV-G - $39,358 - $60,982/ year
- SV-H - $48,007 - $74,390/ year
- SV-I - $58,495 - $90,717/ year
- Air marshals receive an additional “Locality pay”, which is about 10-20% on top of their base salary. The LP varies depending on your location, or head office.
- Income may also vary depending on an air marshal’s length of service.
- For those with less than a year experience - $41,000 - $60,000/ a year
- With 1-4 years experience - $45,000 - $61,000/ a year
- With 5-9 years experience - $62,000 - $85,000/ a year
- With 10-19 years experience - $71,000 - $93,000/ a year
Federal air marshals have huge chances for advancement in their field. They can move up to managerial or supervisory positions or choose to stay and earn promotion within the law enforcement department. Federal air marshals can potentially earn as much as $120,236 to $155,500 a year. Of course, don’t forget that with bigger pay comes much bigger responsibilities.
- What Does A Federal Air Marshal Do?
- What Are The Requirements To Be A Federal Air Marshal?
- How To Become A Federal Air Marshal
- How Long Does It Take To Be A Federal Air Marshal?
- How Much Does An Air Traffic Controller Make?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are markedAdd Comment